Sunday, May 31, 2009

Treadmill update

Since April 8 Matt and I have walked/run on the treadmill everyday (except Memorial Day....we were in VA Beach and walked (me) ran (Matt) around a lake). Matt has been running twice daily and we have been on the occasional walks with Beau. I have just started using our exercise on demand channel to work on defining my abs, legs, arms.....basically everything. In addition to exercising daily we have really been strict with what we eat, with only the occasional slip up. Our beginning weight was me: 160.5 lbs. and Matt 195 lbs. As of today I have lost 19.5 lbs. weighing in at 141 lbs and Matt has lost an astonishing 39.5 lbs. weighing in at 155.5 lbs. I would love, love to lose another 16 lbs. to get me down to 125 and Matt would like to lose another 5.5 lbs. to get to around 150. This has been super challenging and I have to say that there has been a few breakdowns on my part. I really love fast food and sodas and chips and ice cream and baked potatoes and all things bad for me....so not being able to indulge in these things has been so hard. We have found that eating out is the hardest thing for a low cal diet. It is surprising that the majority of food whether at a restaurant or fast food is so bad for you, most things are the equivalent of a whole day worth of calories. For example...I love the ruby minis at Ruby Tuesday with the salad bar and a baked potato with butter and sour cream and like 2 or 3 glasses of sweet tea....totaling about 1750 calories. So eating out has been a challenge to say the least. I guess we will see what happens in the next 7.5 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. You guys are awesome! I can't wait to see you this week. And Beth, I just can't imagine that you had 19.5 lbs to lose. You are so skinny!!!

    ReplyDelete